15 Best Tools Every SaaS Company Needs to Try in 2023
These 15 tools can be a blessing for SaaS companies everywhere to simplify their workflow and increase productivity.
Table of Contents
Running a business is complicated. There are way too many variables to look after, tasks to delegate, marketing campaigns and projects to manage, employees to track not to mention the minute details of the day-to-day running of a company that can consume hours of your day at times. Luckily, we are living in an age where everything is digital. Cloud-based and AI-powered tools have made business workflows and collaboration much easier and boosted productivity like never before.
If you are a business owner, especially in tech and SaaS, there is no excuse for you to not look to tech tools for easing your workload and adding value to your venture. So take a look at some of these incredibly handy SaaS tools which can help your business grow like never before!
Pixpa is an all-in-one website building platform geared towards creative professionals and business owners. It is a no-code platform which means you can build your website without touching a single line of code. Pixpa also comes with built-in e-commerce capabilities including an online store, marketing tools, an SEO manager, blogging features and more. Pixpa provides a comprehensive, affordable and accessible solution to any company looking to create their own website.
- Create and customize your website using a simple but powerful visual editor and drag and drop page builder. No coding is needed.
- Mobile-friendly, well-coded and responsive website templates.
- Integrated e-commerce, blogging, SEO and marketing features.
- Full-featured and comprehensive client proofing platform.
- SSL security on all websites, irrespective of pricing plan.
- 24x7 customer support through email and live chat.
Pixpa has three pricing tiers:
- Personal - $7 per month (billed annually)
- Expert - $10 per month (billed annually)
- Business - $16 per month (billed annually)
Whatagraph is a comprehensive tool that can be used by marketers to track campaign performance and results and receive consolidated reports and individual insights into the performance of each campaign. Whatagraph is especially useful for PR and marketing agencies that handle multiple campaigns for multiple clients. It simplifies the workflow involved in managing different clients and sending them periodical reports.
- Cross channel reporting enables you to gather a consolidated performance report for different marketing channels and metrics, all in one place.
- Automated report delivery at customizable frequencies.
- Add custom data to your reports through Google Sheets and public API integrations.
- Custom branded reports.
- Pre-designed templates for reports.
Whatagraph has three pricing tiers:
- Professional - $119/month (billed annually)
- Premium - $279/month (billed annually)
- Growth - $699/month (billed annually)
Visme is a simple and intuitive visual content creation tool that enables businesses to create, edit and share presentations, infographics, videos, charts and more. Visme embodies a DIY approach that allows users to create branded visual content all on their own even if they don’t have design knowledge. It is a helpful tool for cutting costs and simplifying marketing and data presentation for businesses.
- Easy to use drag and drop interface for creating engaging and interactive visual content including charts, infographics, videos and more.
- Animation features.
- Extensive gallery of templates to make visual design easy, even for non-designers.
- Excellent collaboration features with commenting options, integrations with Slack and more.
Visme has four pricing tiers:
- Free plan with limited features
- Standard - $15/month (billed annually)
- Business - $29/user/month (billed annually)
- Enterprise - Custom pricing
Planable is a collaboration tool for marketers and content creators that simplifies content planning and approvals. It is essentially a command center for an enterprise’s social media campaigns that allow your marketing teams to collaborate better. With Planable, social media marketing teams can create, plan, review, approve and publish content seamlessly and without a hitch.
- Create and preview posts for different social media channels, all in one place.
- Content calendar with drag and drop mechanisms for easy scheduling and assignments.
- Collaboration features including commenting and internal notes.
- Multiple viewing options.
Planable offers a free plan valid for your first 50 posts. It offers three tiers for paid plans:
- Starter - $33/month (billed annually)
- Premium - $83/month (billed annually)
- Enterprise - Custom pricing
Jira is a project management tool that allows software development team to effectively plan, manage, and release software projects. Jira is well suited for agile teams and can be used to plan projects, assign tasks, track and fix bugs and manage the full length and breadth of a software’s development and release process. It is an indispensable tool for SaaS companies that depend on effective and reliable software development and maintenance tools for their business.
- Scrum boards for efficient management of complex projects.
- Kanban boards and road maps for big picture visibility.
- Customizable workflows to adapt to different team working styles.
- Agile reporting for real-time insights into team performance.
- Rich APIs and developer tool integrations.
Jira has four pricing tiers:
- Free - for up to 10 users
- Standard - $700/year
- Premium - $1400/year
- Enterprise - Custom pricing
HubStaff is a workforce management software that is especially useful for companies working with remote teams and freelance employees. HubStaff enables you to manage timesheets, monitor employee productivity and get in-depth performance reports for each employee. While it is primarily geared towards remote teams and freelancers, it is also an effective tool for large in-office teams and simplifies employee management.
- Time-tracking and productivity monitoring features including keyboard and mouse activity tracking, screenshots and URL tracking.
- Project management tools and to-do lists.
- Periodical reports and analytics on employee performance and productivity.
- Automatic payroll management features.
Hubstaff has four pricing tiers:
- Free with limited features
- Starter - $7/user/month
- Pro - $10/user/month
- Enterprise - $20/user/month
Insightful is an advanced desktop monitoring software and automatic time tracking tool that ensures productivity and accountability in the business environment. Insightful will provide effective screen recording to ensure your team members stay aligned and productive. This tool accurately tracks your employees' time on your projects and tasks. With the mission to make companies more engaged and productive, Insightful offers more great advancements. Over 115.000 people are already using this workforce analytics software and get a wide range of benefits. In short, this is a must-have tool for modern workplaces.
Precise Project Insights
Computer Activity Tracking
- Regular Screenshots
Insightful has five pricing tiers:
- 7-day free trial
- $ 6.40 monthly per employee
- $ 12 monthly per employee
- $ 16 monthly per employee
Calendly is a simple and intuitive scheduling tool that uncomplicates the process of coordinating and scheduling meetings. Calendar management can be a big hassle for businesses across the spectrum. With Calendly you do not have to bother with the back and forth of emails or cross-checking, you can let the software do the work for you.
- Connect all your calendars in one place to avoid double-booking.
- Manage and share your availability.
- Take payments at the time of booking through PayPal and Stripe integrations.
- Set automatic follow-up and reminders through the workflow feature.
Calendly has four pricing tiers:
- Free plan with basic features for individuals.
- Premium - $8/user/month
- Pro - $12/user/month
- Enterprise - Custom pricing
ProofHub is a project management and collaboration tool for businesses. It offers managers the ability to track multiple projects, use Kanban and Gantt charts for project management and tracking, and get time estimates for project completion from team members. It is an excellent, all-purpose tool and does not require the steep learning curve that often beleaguers other project management tools.
- Easy and efficient project management with Kanban boards and Gantt charts.
- Collaboration and discussion feature to eliminate the need for lengthy email threads.
- Built-in calendar to avoid scheduling confusion.
- Time-tracking features.
Proofhub has two pricing tiers:
- Essentials - $45/month (billed annually)
- Ultimate Control - $89/month (billed annually)
HelloSign is a tool that allows you to request and add legally binding signatures on various documents and contracts. You can use this for onboarding and hiring remote employees, signing contracts and agreements for freelancers, clients and more. HelloSign takes away the hassle of getting physical signatures and speeds up processes that otherwise require substantial paperwork.
- Easy and secure document signing.
- Create document templates for frequently used contracts and documents, for example hiring contracts.
- Cloud storage facilities.
- Multiple language support.
HelloSign offers four pricing tiers:
- Free plan with limited features and a cap on the number of signatures you can request in a month.
- Essentials - $15/month (billed annually)
- Standard - $25/month (billed annually)
- Premium - Custom pricing
Xero is cloud-based, online accounting software that simplifies your business accounting and payroll workflow. It is ideal for small and medium-sized businesses working with relatively small teams. Xero allows for a simplified way of managing payroll, paying bills, managing expense claims, creating invoices and other accounting tasks. You can also connect your bank account to Xero to set up a dedicated bank feed where you can monitor and manage your transactions.
- Payroll and expense management.
- Ability to directly connect your bank account to the software to set up bank feeds.
- Project tracking and billing management for individual projects.
- Multi-currency accounting.
- Product inventorying and automatic calculation of sales tax.
Xero offers three pricing tiers:
- Starter - $20/month
- Standard - $30/month
- Premium - $40/month
13. LocaliQ’s Website Grader
A website is paramount to the success of any business, but for SaaS businesses especially, prospects have high expectations. With LOCAliQ’s Free Website Grader you can make sure you’re meeting them. This free tool performs an instant audit of your website that checks for a mix of technical and content SEO factors, including but not limited to:
- Meta tags
- Word count
- Broken links
- Code quality
- Image optimization
- Site security
The report will show you what’s up to par and what needs improvement in a prioritized, easy-to-understand way. Use it to improve your site’s user experience, SEO, and ultimately your conversion rate.
Colorcinch is a feature-rich photo and text editor that comes with a wide collection of AI-powered photo effects and editing tools. You can personalize and beautify your photos in a breeze as you can remove or change background, crop and resize, adjust or replace their colors. Get creative and craft stunning visuals as you can also add artistic overlays, texts, and drawings on your images.
- Special artistic effects (powered by AI) – turn any photo into a sketch, painting, cartoon
- A vast library of filters and presets, masks, overlays, and frames
- Full-fledged text editor and freehand drawing tool
- Cloud-based image and project management
- Offline capabilities and PWA-enabled
- Colorcinch Basic -free
- Colorcinch Plus -premium plan, $4.99/month (billed annually at $59.88)
If you're looking for a platform where you can create all your branding designs, Placeit is a great tool! With more than 50K templates and a growing library of designs made by professionals each day, you can create eye-catching images. Make everything from logos and videos to your social campaign with branded images in minutes.
Create a logo in seconds with hundreds of new logo templates every day according to your industry. Access all kinds of mockups and design templates with its mockup generator and video creator. Easily create your brand’s marketing assets and then just download your creation.
- Unlimited downloads. Keep creating, you get to have the unlimited downloads you need for your brand.
- Fonts and audio selection. You can also customize the playback speed and quantity of slides to make a short or long video.
- New templates every day. Designers are always in the loop for trends and they create beautiful assets every day.
- Easy-to-use. You can create tons of designs, arts, videos, demos, Instagram stories, and social media marketing assets with no technical skills.
- Professional graphics. All graphics are made by a professional team, so you can rely on them being eye-catching templates for your campaigns.
Pros of Placeit:
- Wide range of graphic libraries, +85,000 exclusive design, music and photo assets.
- You can choose between tons of video formats for your marketing arsenal.
- Constant updates of the graphics and the tools
- Free tools available for everyone
- High-resolution graphics
Unlimited: starting from $7.47 per user/month
Promo.com is an online video maker that gives you everything you need to make high-performing videos that will boost your business. We have ready-to-use templates for any kind of business type and it fit to all types of content. With Promo, you can also make commercials and video advertisements freely and easily.
Chisel is an all-in-one tool for product managers. Your number one product management tool focuses on three crucial aspects: team alignment, product feedback, and product roadmaps. Team alignment is a vital part of product management. Hence, Chisel allows you to share your vision and values across all teams in your company and organize everyone into squads that will serve their customers with excellence by achieving one mission.
If you are looking for a tool that will help you collect and prioritize feedback from your customers, Chisel is the right choice. You can also prioritize what to work on next by tracking all user requests and ideas. If you want to stay ahead of the competition and develop amazing products, you can create a roadmap with goals for each product team in your company and share them with everyone.
Features of Chisel:
- Chisel provides you with advanced prioritization and feature roadmaps. You can look at the feature release history and assign people from different departments or from your whole organization to work on these features.
- Chisel allows you to prioritize ideas by creating a simple process for users to submit feedback, vote, and comment on pictures.
- You can send across customer surveys and receive up to 100,000 responses.
- Your personally tailored roadmaps can also be synced with Jira and Azure DevOps Integration.
- Chisel also offers you 24/7 premium customer support along with dedicated training and onboarding sessions.
Free Forever Version: $0
Premium Version: $79/month
SaaS has become the business model of choice for modern-day tech companies. As a booming number of fledgling, as well as established SaaS companies, grow their business, the demand for appropriate management solutions is also seeing a rise.
Perhaps poetically, the management solution these SaaS companies are looking for will also be found in SaaS. The tools listed in this article are streamlined and efficient business solutions designed for the modern-day tech company.
Published on Oct 05 2021
WRITTEN BYWhatagraph team
The Whatagraph blog team produces high-quality content on all things marketing: industry updates, how-to guides, and case studies.
Read more awesome articles
Enter your email and get curated content straight to your inbox!