Find and Replace in Google Docs
Nov 05, 2020 ● 2 min read
Google docs are not only easy to use and share but also have many useful features. One of these valuable features is google docs find and replace, which allows you to replace any words or phrases you want to change.
Table of Contents
Open the Find and Replace in Google Docs using the keyboard shortcut:
- Ctrl+H on Windows
- Command+Shift+H on Mac
- Or you can access Find and Replace from the top menu bar. When the document is opened, go to Edit > Find and replace.
Then type the word or phrase to find in the Find field and enter the new word in the Replace field.
- First of all, open the Google Doc on your computer.
- Then click on the word "Edit" from the top menu bar and select "Find and replace."
- A pop-up window will appear, type the word or phrase you want to find in the Find field and then click the "Next" button.
- Now, if you want to replace the word or phrase, then type a word or phrase to replace field and then click Replace or Replace All.
If you only want to find a word or phrase then use the keyboard shortcut Command+F for Mac users and CTRL+F for Windows users.
- Open the Google Doc app on your iPhone.
- Click on three horizontal dots at the top right corner of your document.
- Then click on Find and Replace from the drop-down menu.
- Type the words or phrase you want to find in the search box and click the Search button at the bottom.
- If you're going to replace the word or phrase, then enter the word or phrase you want to replace it with and then select Replace or Replace all.
- To find and replace a word or phrase on an Android phone or tablet, go to google doc app and open a document.
- Click on three horizontal dots and then click Find and replace.
- Type the word you want to find in the field.
- Click on the search icon.
- Click on the arrow at right to see how many times the word is used.
- Then click on three dotes and click Replace.
- After that type the word you want to replace it with and click Replace.
- To replace all the places the word is used click on three dotes and click Replace all.
- After that type the word you want to replace it with and click Replace all.
- When you are finished click on Done and go back to your document.
Chrome is a web browser, so if you want "find and replace" feature, you need to add an extension “search and replace” to do it.
After you add the extension, it is pretty easy to use Search and Replace in Google Chrome, and you can do it in three easy steps.
- Highlight the text you want to find and replace and click on the “Search and Replace” icon.
- A pop-up window will appear, and in the "Search for' field, you will find your highlighted word.
- Write the word you want to replace it in the "Replace with" field and click the "Go" button.