Google Analytics 4 (GA4) Report Template
Use our Google Analytics 4 Report Template to build intuitive and detailed GA4 reports for your clients. Aggregate traffic, demographics, time on site, and other conversion funnel data. Track your KPIs with our interactive Goals widget. Combine Google Analytics 4 insights with organic search metrics or other clients’ marketing channels. Set report sharing on autopilot and spend the time more productively.
Optimize your marketing campaigns with Whatagraph’s GA4 report template
Universal Analytics is no longer collecting data. Switch to a more advanced event-based Google Analytics 4 property and save time collecting and reporting data with our GA4 report template.
Create custom reports with accurate GA4 data
Pick the Google Analytics 4 report template from our library, connect your GA4 account, and your report is done. Whenever you open the template, it will populate with fresh GA4 data automatically. Our templates come with pre-made graphs, charts, tables, and single-value widgets. Edit the existing GA4 report template and save it as your own. Save any widget you build as a budget template and use it in future marketing reports.
Add more sources to your web analytics report
Use our Google Analytics 4 report template as a starting point for an accurate 360-degree view of your client’s marketing situation. Connect other marketing sources like Google Ads, Google Search Console, or Facebook to your GA4 report with a few clicks and see where most of the traffic is coming from. Make your insights simpler and blend data from multiple landing pages, create a multi-source graph of total clicks from all paid-ads channels, or unify conversion event names across all client platforms.
Share the insights with a few clicks
One of the best things about Whatagraph is that data collection, visualization, and sharing take place in the same view. Once you’re happy with your Google Analytics 4 report, save it as a PDF, set up an automated email cadence, or share a link to a live report. With the last option, your clients can change the date range and see how their website data changes. Change hundreds of reports at the same time with the linked templates feature. Organize your reports into folders by client, source, account, etc.
What is the Google Analytics 4 report template?
A Google Analytics 4 report template is a pre-made report that contains the key metrics related to your GA4 property. Once you connect your GA4 account, the template populates with your data automatically so you can complete the report in a matter of minutes. You can customize every part of this template, including the logo, color scheme, and arrangement of widgets, and even give it a custom domain.
All reporting features your agency needs
All your questions answered. And if you can’t find it here, chat to our friendly team.
What key metrics can I track with this GA4 report template?
You can track all the metrics available from the Google Analytics 4 API, and even create new ones using our custom formulas. However, the metrics you should track depend on the type of website and the client’s objectives. Here are some key metrics that you can’t go without:
1. Users: Active Users, New Users, and Returning Users
2. Acquisition: Source/Medium, Channels, and Campaigns
3. User Behavior: Pageviews, Average Time on Page, Engagement Rate (including Bounce Rate in Universal Analytics), and Events (specific to client goals)
4. Conversions: Goal Completions, E-commerce Conversions (e.g checkouts), and Conversion Rate (First Time and Total)
5. User Engagement: Sessions, Session Duration, Interactions per Session, Retention
6. Audience: Demographics, Interests, Device Category
7. Events: Specific events related to key actions, Event Count
8. E-commerce (for e-store websites): Total Revenue, Purchases, Average Order Value
9. Custom Metrics: Any custom metrics that are specifically relevant to the client's objectives
Is Whatagraph’s GA4 template better than the Looker Studio templates?
Whatagraph’s GA4 template has several advantages over Looker Studio (ex-Google Data Studio) templates.
1. Google Looker Studio offers three templates for Google Analytics — Google Analytics Audience Overview, Google Analytics Behavior Overview, and Google Analytics Acquisition Report. With Whatagraph, you can have all GA4 metrics in one report — organized in sections for easier reading.
2. Looker Studio reports have a fixed layout. You can’t rearrange the widgets or change the metrics, dimensions, or visualization type. It is what it is.
On the other hand, you can change almost every part of a Whatgraph GA4 report template. Move or remove existing widgets and add new ones, resizing them where needed. Edit the metrics and dimensions for every widget in the report, apply filters, and add headings to organize the report into sections.
3. Looker Studio is more of a reporting tool, while Whatagraph is a marketing data platform. This means all data collection, visualization, and sharing occur within one environment.
4. With Looker Studio, you must buy third-party connectors for every source outside the Google platform. And that is possible only if you pay for the Looker Pro version. Whatagraph allows you to natively connect all supported data sources, even with the basic pricing plan.
5. Whatagraph has a linked template functionality to link many reports and edit them all at once.
6. Whatagraph has live chat support, whereas, with Looker Studio, the only help you can get is from Google’s extensive help sections and tutorials.
What marketing channels can you connect with Whatagraph?
You can connect over 45 digital marketing channels, including SEO tools like Ahrefs, Semrush, and Google Search Console, and PPC tools like Facebook Ads, Google Ads, and LinkedIn Ads. Also supported are social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, email marketing tools like Mailchimp and ActiveCampaign, eCommerce platforms like Shopify, and CRMs like HubSpot and Salesforce.
What if my data source is not among supported reporting integrations?
In that case, you can ask your developers to build a custom API — a routine procedure — or export your data to Google Sheets or BigQuery and add them as a source.
What happens with my old Google Analytics reports?
Universal Analytics has already stopped collecting data, so any reports or templates you created with your UA properties are no longer usable. We suggest you add your Google Analytics 4 account as a source and use our GA4 report template to create new reports with fresh data.
Explore advanced marketing data analytics features
It’s good to be loved! Our clients are not shy about expressing it.
I made a switch from GDS and Sheets for reporting to Whatagraph, and I am saving literal hours each week on performance report creation. Our small firm actually managed to onboard 2 new clients as a result of all the time we saved on managing data and reporting. The customer service is also really helpful and easy to reach.
Having active customer support to help fix any issues was a big contributor, but we also really liked the ability to save templates and connect sources to multiple charts/widgets at once without having to edit them individually. And having the grid layout is much easier to stay consistent with than the free form setup that Data Studio has.
The system has standard templates that are easy and fast to use. Also you can build your own report with lightning speed. It is very easy to use, has a lot of integration, and let get started very fast.
We love Whatagraph - we would definitely recommend and our account manager is great! I love how easy this tool is to use, everyone on the team finds it much more user-friendly than other dashboards. Integration was easy, we sent some example reports to the team who duplicated these for us. We literally had to log in and send it to our clients!
We are showing our clients the work that we're doing for them and this is incredibly important for our clients ROI. They want to see results and having a tool like Whatagraph that can show data from virtually every source we use is hugely important.
The tool is easy to use; you do not need to have development resources. Even my junior project managers are capable of making campaign reports in minutes. There are a lot of pre-made templates you can use as well as many pre-made widgets.
Really easy to connect data sources within the tool. The library of report templates has been helpful. The customer support team has been responsive to all of our needs. Our team enjoys the simplicity of setting up the reports and how the data is presented.
Supplement your Google Analytics 4 report template with other useful report and dashboard templatesView All Templates
No credit card required
Need more help with getting started?
We can set up your report campaign for you!
Ready for insights?
It's time to focus your time on the tasks that really matter, and let us worry about your marketing analytics. Start your free 7-day trial.
- Free for 7 days
- No credit card required
- Live chat support
- Cancel anytime
No credit card required