The Best eCommerce Reporting Tools To Track (And Boost) Sales
Analytics is an essential element in the success of an eCommerce business. Better data insights can increase your awareness of customer activity on your online store, helping you discover what’s working well and what isn’t.
Table of Contents
But how do you access data analytics and reporting?
In this guide, we will discuss some of the best eCommerce reporting tools that can help you to track and boost sales, reorienting your eCommerce business towards a more profitable future.
Top eCommerce Reporting Tools To Track And Boost Sales
Join us deep diving into eCommerce sellers' best reporting tools. If you’re looking to track your sales and find better ways to boost revenue and identify the need to offer coupons and discounts, read about the eCommerce reporting tools listed below.
Whatagraph is a reporting tool designed to help marketing agencies automate reporting processes. Whatagraph eliminates the need to enter data from different sources to create a report manually. You can gather data from over 40 sources (including Shopify, Bigcommerce, and other eCommerce platforms) to develop actionable marketing reports.
To understand the value of this reporting tool, you need to know what features are available in Whatagraph:
- Automated report delivery - you can automate report delivery by establishing reporting schedules for each report type.
- Cross-channel reporting - you can gather data from multiple channels and accounts to create unified reports for your clients with all your data in one place.
- Data imports - the open API integrations of Whatagraph allow users to import data from any source without manual data entry. Custom data imports help to streamline the reporting process.
- Custom branding - you can elevate your reports by using custom branding, logos, color changes, and adjusting your reports to fit your branding and style.
- Templates and widgets - you can establish templates to create your reports quickly and effortlessly.
- Customer support and onboarding - Whatagraph helps you to use the software with attentive customer support and onboarding. Each new customer gets a personalized 30-minute onboarding session with our customer support team.
- And a few more which will make your marketing reporting easier.
Whatagraph offers a free trial of the tool, so you can evaluate whether it works for you before investing. There is also a 30-day guaranteed money-back period for all pricing plans:
- Professional - unlimited reports, unlimited historical data, and 30 minutes of onboarding for 5 users for $199 per month.
- Premium - all professional tier features with 1-hour onboarding for 10 users. This plan costs $299 per month.
- Custom - with this plan, you gain unlimited users. Reach out to our sales team to find out how much this plan would cost you.
2. Google Data Studio
Google Data Studio is an online tool that allows you to create customizable reports using dashboards.
Here are some of the best features on offer with google data studio:
- A user-friendly dashboard - the dashboard for Google Data Studio is similar to the Google Drive dashboard. However, you’ll need some time to set things up to get all the data from all your sources displaying correctly.
- Multiple data collection sources - Google Data Studio allows users to analyze raw data from third-party sources like Amazon Seller Central, Funnel, and TapClicks.
- Interactive data visualization - with Google Data Studio, you can implement advanced programming features that allow you to break down your charts and graphs into digestible chunks of information.
Google Data Studio is completely free. However, that does not account for the price of the Google Data Studio Connectors, which cost extra for each tool you add that is not in the Google ecosystem.
Supermetrics is a marketing data reporting tool that collects data from various sources for reporting, analytics, and storage. Suppose you’re looking to reduce the time you spend copying and pasting data between sources. In that case, Supermetrics offers automated data transfers to help you optimize your time and focus on business growth. Supermetrics works with destinations like Google Sheets, Data Studio, Excel, and more, so you don’t have to worry about compatibility.
Here are some of the best features on offer with Supermetrics:
- Data collection - you can collect data from many sources with Supermetrics. These sources include marketing and eCommerce tools like Shopify, Semrush, Sendinblue, and Facebook ads.
- Data analytics - once you have gathered data from your connected sources, you can analyze it, organize it, and filter it. Supermetrics helps you to eliminate data silos and create one unified source for all of your eCommerce data.
- Automation - schedule your data input and create reporting schedules to reduce the manual effort of the reporting process. You can also automate data transfers to reduce time spent copying and pasting data between different sources.
Since Supermetrics integrates with spreadsheet software to provide reports, you need to select a destination to calculate the pricing, as the pricing varies for each destination. For instance, Google Sheets with Supermetrics has four pricing tiers:
- Essential - 10 data sources for $99.
- Core - 25 data sources for $199.
- Super - 55 data sources for $499.
- Enterprise - negotiable plan with all data sources; ask for a quote.
This data reporting tool is specifically built to provide reporting for Shopify eCommerce businesses. Peel aims to help you uncover more information about your customer that can provide business intelligence, driving your eCommerce store towards more sales and greater success. The tool acts like your own personal Cliffs Notes, providing you with the story behind your data with analytics and segmentation.
Here are some of the Peel features that can help you to gather reports for your Shopify store:
- Marketing performance - analyze how well your marketing campaigns are performing and increase traffic to your eCommerce store with data insights.
- Subscription - analyze data regarding your subscribers and subscriptions to convert one-time purchases into returning customers for your eCommerce store.
- Slices - you can gain insight into multiple data sets in a large table view, keeping all your essential eCommerce marketing data in one place.
- Segmentation - the segmentation feature allows you to analyze your customer base deeper, acting like detailed analysis of your data to show you the story behind the figures.
Peel offers three pricing tiers for their customers:
- Starter tier - this pricing tier offers all of the essentials for a single Shopify store at $50 per month.
- Pro tier - this tier offers the essentials plus subscription analytics, dozens of datasets, and all data collections for unlimited Shopify stores. This tier starts at $160 per month.
- Premier tier - this tier offers everything in the lower tiers and a custom analysis suite. This tier starts at $400 per month.
5. Porter Metrics
Porter Metrics is a marketing reporting automation tool that assists e-commerce businesses in tracking, analyzing, and improving marketing performance. Porter Metrics works with well-known eCommerce platforms like Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento, and WooCommerce.
Porter Metrics Features
1. The best free report templates
Porter Metrics provides access to the most comprehensive Facebook Ads report templates gallery inspired by real-world use cases. You can use Porter Metrics to access the following:
- +50 free Data Studio report templates
- 100% customizable reports
- New report templates every week, made by marketers and agencies.
2. White-label Facebook Ads dashboard
Google Data Studio reports (and templates) are completely customizable, so you can include your client's or team's logo and branding. The options are limitless!
3. Data blending
You can use Porter Metrics to create charts from multiple sources (blended data sources), such as Facebook Ads and Google Ads.
4. All your metrics and KPIs in just one place
To analyze your Facebook Ads data according to your KPIs, you can add or combine +600 metrics and dimensions to your report.
- Make your own metrics.
- Custom metrics such as CPA and engagement rate are included.
- Custom and standard conversions are available.
- 5+ Optional currency conversions for the amount spent
5. Shareable reports
You can share a report you create with Porter Metrics. Here are some examples:
- Select the Gmail/G Suite users who will be able to access your reports as editors or viewers.
- Set up email delivery schedules
- Share a link to the report.
- Download a PDF copy
- embedding the report on a third-party website
6. Free tutorials
If you don't know how to set up your rep, you can look at Porter's tutorials. For instance, how to link Facebook Ads to Google Data Studio.
7. Mobile-friendly reports
You can adjust the height and width of your report pages to fit any device.
8. Unlimited support
Porter Metrics provides the most assistance. You can troubleshoot using our chat or schedule a call with us. We will gladly assist you in creating your report at no cost.
Porter Metrics Pricing
Porter Metrics provides a 14-day free trial period for all Porter Connectors, a lifetime free deal for the Facebook Competitors connector, and 80+ free Google Data Studio templates that you can use right away.
Porter Metrics paid plans are priced as follows:
Solo: For $15 per month or $150 per year, this plan includes one connection and unlimited users.
Teams: This costs $30 per month or $300 per year. It supports up to 5 connections, an unlimited number of users, 10 Google My Business Locations connections, and an additional connection for just $6 per month.
Agencies: This package is $80 per month/$800 per year for agencies. It supports up to 20 connections, unlimited users, and up to ten Google My Business Location connections. Custom: You can choose a Monthly or Annual price plan based on your needs and the accounts you want to connect with this custom plan.
Glew suits eCommerce businesses of any size, allowing them to spend less time collating data and focus more on increasing revenue. You can receive regular automated alerts to stay in the loop about your performance data without manual intervention.
Here are some attractive features that make Glew an excellent option for eCommerce stores.
- Growth acceleration - identify trends and patterns in your performance data to highlight opportunities for growth acceleration.
- Personalized reporting - Glow offers customised reporting that allows eCommerce businesses to create more clarity in how they view data.
- Sales and order intelligence - you can identify trends in your sales and order history to increase your forecasting accuracy.
- Starter tier - this tier offers unlimited users, unlimited stores, 20 essential metrics for running your business, and more, free of charge.
- Pro tier - with this tier, you gain over 250 KPIs, 40 integrations, 30 pre-built customer segments, and the ability to create your reports starting at $79 per month.
- Glew plus - this tier facilitates advanced custom reporting with a data warehouse, no-code custom reporting landscape, and the ability to tailor the plan to your business with custom pricing.
Heap focuses on offering its customers both qualitative and quantitative analytics for your customer journey. Heap is ideal for businesses looking to transform their digital experience. One of the best advantages of Heap is that it allows you to monitor your conversion rates to see how well your sites are working to bring in new customers. You can track the customer journey from start to finish.
What makes Heap ideal for improving the customer journey? Here are the top features of Heap:
- Complete behavioral data - whenever your customers make a click, Heap collects this data to track the customer journey from start to finish.
- Stickier data - Heap allows you to pinpoint the events and data most essential to improving your digital experience, allowing you to monitor specific events in the customer journey to provide insight into what’s working to create conversions and what isn’t.
- Data visualization tools - Heap allows you to locate the data you need more quickly with data visualization tools for accelerated decision-making.
Heap offers 4 different pricing tiers for their products. These pricing tiers are structured as follows:
- Free - with the free tier, users gain hidden insights, automatic data foundation, standard analysis, and unlimited user licenses for one product or website for eCommerce stores.
- Growth - You can add another product or website to your plan and include more of your eCommerce sites with the growth tier. You gain all of the free tier features, CSV export, account-based analytics, and additional enrichment resources. This tier starts at $3,600 per year.
- Pro - the pro tier gives you access to all data enrichment sources, personalized digital experience capabilities, and an additional product or website. Contact Heap for a quote to learn about Pro tier pricing.
- Premier - with the premier Heap tier, you can add unlimited products and websites as your eCommerce business grows and gain advanced governance for your data foundation, and premier customer support offerings. The pricing for the premier tier is only accessible via a direct quote.
For an eCommerce business to be successful, there needs to be an emphasis on data analysis and reporting. By automating the data reporting process, you can gain an insight into what’s working well in your business and what isn’t.
If you’re ready to create automated eCommerce reports that look great, sign up for a free trial of Whatagraph today!
Published on Aug 29 2022
WRITTEN BYMile Zivkovic
Mile is the head of content at Whatagraph in charge of all content and communications for Whatagraph’s marketing data platform. A marketing heavy with almost a decade of SaaS industry experience, Mile has managed multiple content marketing teams without losing an ounce of his writing passion. The author behind some of the most-read pieces on our blog.
Get marketing insights direct to your inbox