Top 9 Supermetrics’ Competitors to Watch Out For in 2023
Supermetrics has more than 17,000 customers and is used by more than 700,000 marketers around the world. It’s one of the biggest helpers to marketing teams due to its integration flexibility. This article provides an overview of the tool and reasons why you might want to look for an alternative. You will also find eight modern and powerful alternatives that you should consider, if you’re an online marketing agency or an in-house marketing professional.
Table of Contents
An Overview Of Supermetrics
Supermetrics is an ETL (extract-transform-load) tool.
It streamlines data from 100+ sources and pulls it into your own reporting, storage or analytics tools.
The tool collects data from multiple data sources allowing marketers to run different ads such as Facebook and Pinterest, while also doing PPC with Adwords and measuring organic performance in Google Analytics. This way, you can use Supermetrics to compare all these platforms in one place. Supermetrics can also fetch all the metrics and dimensions.
It provides simple automation for daily updates of marketing data and reliable information. According to G2 reviews, the 'schedule refresh' and email feature, which allows marketers to send reports on needed time frequencies, are among the most popular features.
It's because they've perfected these features to the point where it's convenient and simple to use in a timely manner. Furthermore, they save digital marketing teams time by eliminating manual work, giving them more time to focus on analyzing the data in their reports and providing a better experience for their clients.
Some of the many integrations that Supermetrics supports include:
- Social media: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter;
- Ecommerce platforms: Stripe, Klaviyo, and Shopify;
- Mobile and app analytics: Adjust, Apple Public Data and Appsflyer;
- Sales: Salesforce, CallRail, and HubSpot;
- SEO: Semrush, Google Search Console, and Ahrefs;
- Paid media: TikTok Ads, Google Ads, and Facebook Ads;
- Web analytics: Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics;
- Email: Pardot, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, and Mailchimp.
Why Look For Supermetrics Alternatives?
Let’s get one thing straight - the following reasons why you should look for Supermetrics alternatives are not coming from us. We analyzed the reviews on G2 left by former and current Supermetrics users. Here are some of the most common complaints about Supermetrics from real customers.
It seems that Supermetrics is too expensive for the majority of users.
- Supermetrics is costly even for small teams;
- They offer no flexibility or more options for their pricing model;
- Managing licenses can get complex, as different agents serve different destinations. You have no option but to manage them separately, each with its own sources;
- In the lowest package, the refreshes are limited to 5 schedules only.
2. Long Load Times
Another issue users come across is long loading times when it comes to extracting marketing data from various tools.
- There are often issues with long-time requests for refreshing;
- There are often errors when refreshing data;
- When pulling and managing more extensive datasets, it takes longer to load.
3. Reports, Storage, Efficiency
The last issues and disadvantages users complain about are the inability to create reports within the tool, lack of storage and efficiency.
First, users complain that they invest huge amounts of money into Supermetrics. Still, it doesn’t do one important thing - create simple reports. They then need to invest even more money to build a comprehensive report.
Second, users complain that they can’t store data. When they pull data for a dashboard or report, it directly queries the source. It’s useful if you want to learn real-time data. However, if you are aiming at long-term progress, you need historical data, which Supermetrics simply doesn’t provide.
Lastly, due to these inconveniences, marketers face reduced work efficiency. Yet, that’s not all. Supermetrics does not provide a method for cleaning up data errors. If you need to make changes, you must do so in your BI or visualization tool, which can be time-consuming.
Top 8 Supermetrics alternatives to consider
Having said all of that, you might be in the market for something that’s faster, easier to use and cheaper compared to Supermetrics. Here are our top choices.
First, let’s start with one of the best Supermetrics alternatives - Whatagraph.
Whatagraph, conversely to Supermetrics, allows marketing agencies to do reporting, data storing and cleaning within the platform.
It is a marketing reporting software created for marketing agencies and in-house marketers. It allows them to create marketing analytics reports for SEO, PPC, Web analytics, email marketing, call tracking, SEM, and eCommerce.
As opposed to Supermetrics, Whatagraph allows marketers to improve their client reporting processes by offering complete customization options, white-label and convenient automation features.
With no knowledge of tech, you can easily change the reports however you like, upload your logo, change the domain and automate the report to be sent out whenever your clients need it.
When it comes to integrations, the numbers are seemingly on the side of Supermetrics - it offers 90+ integrations while Whatagraph has 40+. In comparison, that seems pretty bad until you remember that you have to pay for each integration in Supermetrics. As a result, your monthly reporting costs skyrocket.
On the other hand, Whatagraph includes all of its 40+ integrations in the basic plan. You get them all for one cost. This is not only more efficient for agencies covering lots of platforms, but it’s also much cheaper.
- 40+ of the most popular marketing integrations;
- A dedicated account manager for each Whatagraph customer;
- Cross-channel reporting that allows you to compare the performance of each of your marketing platforms, see how your overall marketing strategy is performing and which marketing campaigns need a push;
- Gallery with 95+ ready-to-be-used report templates;
- Report customization. You can change every aspect of the report, including colours, fonts and themes. You can also drag and drop widgets where needed and resize them;
- Help center with a convenient search button where you can type keywords of your question and in no time get answers;
- Customer support available 20 hours a day, 5 days a week. Use our live chat to solve any bugs, get answers to your questions or receive tips & tricks on the best reporting practices;
- It can be installed on your desktop.
Extra features for marketing agencies:
- Report automation to send reports at the desired frequency and time. You can use Whatagraph to review reports before sending them, add as many recipients as you need, and customize your email style.
- Smart builder is a two-step report creation tool. It allows marketers to create reports that highlight the most important KPIs quickly.
- White-label is an extended customization solution that allows you to rebrand the report completely. You can customize the report's logo and domain to match the branding of your choice.
- Overview allows you to keep track of all your clients and their key performance indicators in one place. You can compare each client's strategies, track their progress, and identify performance patterns.
Whatagraph has three pricing tiers that can be combined and customized to meet the needs of any customer. The monthly fee begins at $199.
There are currently three tiers available: Professional, Premium, and Custom. Whatagraph offers an annual subscription with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Who is it for?
Whatagraph is a flexible and easy-to-use tool. Due to its extensive list of features, it can be used by any size marketing agencies, freelancers and business owners.
Ready to get started with Whatagraph? Sign up for your free trial today!
2. Metrics Watch
Metrics Watch is an email-based solution for sending marketing reports to team members and clients that aims to reduce the friction between marketers and their data.
It lets agencies and marketers build cross-channel marketing reports fast, thanks to an easy to use drag-and-drop editor. Reports can then be automated to run daily, weekly or monthly and are sent straight to your recipient's inbox.
But what sets it apart from other email-based solutions is that Metrics embeds your report in the body of the email itself to reduce the friction that comes with sending PDF attachments or redirecting users to 3rd-party dashboards.
- Connects with popular marketing channels
- White label options for all plans
- Drag-and-drop report builder
- Automated reports by email
- Excellent customer service
- Flexible pricing
Metrics Watch offers 3 plans:
- Starter - $29/mo;
- Pro - $50/mo;
- Enterprise - $100/mo;
- Enterprise - contact for details
Discounts are available for annual subscriptions and there is a free 14-day trial for all plans (no credit card required).
Who is it for?
Metrics Watch is used by digital marketing agencies, in-house marketers, and small business owners who like to receive important updates directly to their email.
Funnel.io is a marketing data collection, analysis, and monitoring tool. It gathers your marketing data automatically, so you don’t have to do anything manually with your marketing reports.
Funnel.io provides cross-channel reporting, emphasizing the performance of each platform and the customer journey across analytics, CRM, and advertising.
Additionally, the tool focuses on data visualization, which can be easily customized within the tool.
- Data explorer;
- 500+ platform integrations;
- Automatic updates;
- Data warehouse;
- Allows creating reports and dashboards within the platform;
- Import data from Google Sheets and Excel.
Many Funnel.io users praise the tool for its user-friendly interface and the ease with which metrics can be customized.
Furthermore, other users appreciate the platform's ability to be installed on both desktop and mobile devices for an enhanced customer experience.
Finally, a significant advantage is that they can comfortably store historical data for two years, allowing for the creation of even more detailed reports.
Funnel.io offers three plans:
- Essentials - €359/month;
- Plus - €899/month;
- Enterprise - €1,799/month.
Who is it for?
Small businesses appear to be the primary users of the tool. They seem to be the only group who can make use of the tool's features.
Windor.ai is a marketing data attribution software that gives access to marketers performance reviews of multiple data sources.
Software’s users are extremely satisfied with their customer support, how easy it is to use the tool and, especially, connect different social media apps for data analysis.
Moreover, users can connect multiple ad accounts and get blended data from their servers.
Users are also provided with loads of filters and connectors. Although fewer than Whatagraph (around 30 integrations), users find them very valuable for reporting.
- Data-driven multi-touchpoint attribution;
- Cross media optimizations;
- Customer Journey mapping option;
- 30+ marketing data integrations;
- 54 report templates;
- API database access.
- Report customization;
- Customer support that replies in 1 minute.
Conveniently, Windsor.ai offers 5 pricing packages, with one of them being customized according to your preferences.
They also offer a free version where you can build one report for one user.
Other packages are:
- Basic - $19
- Standard - $99
- Professional - $499
Who is it for?
Windsor.ai is another tool that is mostly used by small businesses. It’s probably due to the simplicity of the tool and affordable prices.
Improvado, just like Supermetrics, is an ETL tool.
However, unlike Supermetrics, Improvado is a cheaper option.
They offer products such as data extraction and loading. This is beneficial for marketers who’d like to improve their data analysis. Improvado conveniently offers 300+ marketing and sales data sources for seamless and streamlined analysis.
- Automated API requests;
- 300 data sources;
- Seamless connection to multiple accounts;
- Up to one-hour data sync frequency;
- Historical data loading;
- Custom dashboards;
- Easy data migration;
- Professional training;
- Real-time reporting;
- 24/7 customer support.
Improvado offers a free trial for you and your team to test the product out before purchasing.
However, when it comes to pricing models - they do not disclose them. You’d need to contact them as they have custom pricing packages according to your needs.
Who is it for?
Improvado is used by various types of groups, starting from data analysts and ending with small business owners.
Two of the reasons why these groups use the tool the most are because of how easy it is to use the tool and because it offers full customization options.
Porter Metrics is a Business Intelligence solution that integrates social media apps to Google Data Studio to automate marketing reports. Porter can be an excellent data visualization tool for analyzing data from LinkedIn Ads, Facebook, Instagram, and other sources.
With PorterMetrics, you can create and customize dashboards, easily visualize data, and include required widgets such as scorecards or charts. You also can take advantage of their automation feature and send automated reports.
- 10+ integrations;
- Customizable metrics;
- 80+ report templates;
- White-label feature;
- Forever free plan;
- Live chat.
Portermetrics offers three packages:
- Solo pan - $12.5;
- Teams plan - $24;
- Agency plan - $66.6
Who is it for?
To put it short, Portermetrics is for small marketing agencies, small businesses, and marketing consultants.
It’s due to the tool’s accessible prices, beneficial features, and ease of use.
Stich is yet another simple and easy-to-use ETL tool.
Stitch offers regular patches for problems discovered and aids in the improvement of the function to load the data on your destination; it allows for the easy setting of goals in the shape of a snowflake. Stitch documentation is useful and has many integrations, and primary keys logic simplifies life by preventing data duplication.
- Stitch makes it simple to quickly connect data from crucial marketing channels, such as advertising channels, CRMs, and email marketing, into a cloud data warehouse for analysis;
- Different solutions for sales, marketing, product intelligence teams;
- Free historical data;
- More than 900+ data connectors;
- EU data privacy and GDPR;
- Customer support;
- Customization and white-labelling.
Stitch offers 3 plans:
- Standard - $100/mo
- Advanced - $1250/mo
- Premium - $2500/mo
Who is it for?
Stitch is mainly used by mid-size marketing teams with about 51-100 employees.
That’s because the tool allows them to work with huge volumes of data, connect to multiple and more than 900 connectors, and their pricing packages don't look overwhelming,
Databox is a data reporting and visualization tool that includes collaboration features, a blog about all things business analytics, case studies, and metrics-related podcasts.
In addition, Databox offers training courses, live chat, API documentation, and affiliate programs.
Its primary tools are as follows:
- KPI alerts;
- Desktop, mobile, and TV views;
- KPI scorecards;
- Goal tracking option.
- Alert notifications;
- Looped dashboards;
- Cross-channel reporting
- 70+ integrations;
- 3,000+ third-party integrations;
- 200+ dashboard examples;
- Reporting automation
If you are an agency, note that Databox has special plans, so you'd need to contact them to find out the exact costs.
Who is it for?
According to the reviews on G2, we can identify that the tool is the most commonly and appropriately used by small businesses.
Apipheny is an API connector that directly connects to Google Sheets.
It is a Google Sheets add-on that helps to integrate and pull API data into spreadsheets simple. It's a no-code API integrator that works with nearly any JSON or CSV API.
Apipheny is a tech stack tool in the API Tools category.
- GET and POST JSON or CSV APIs in Google Sheets with no code;
- Data Management;
- Data Analysis;
- Data Visualization;
- Dashboard Creation;
- API requests can be saved and scheduled;
- Make an API request in a spreadsheet using a custom function;
- Performance Metrics;
- Text Analytics;
- Create an API request by referencing a cell's value in the API request;
- Website Analytics;
- Visual Analytics.
Apipheny has not provided pricing information for this product or service.
Who is it for?
Apipheny is already being used mainly by small businesses. That’s because according to G2 reviews, people find the tool difficult to use as it requires advanced tech knowledge.
As you can see, there are many reporting and ETL tools to choose from. Now our suggestion for you is to identify what your team’s requirements for reporting are and which one would be the best one.
They all drastically differ in pricing, amount of data connectors and even how they create reports. Consider these points.
If you’d like to try out a leading reporting tool in the market for 7 days free of charge, don’t hesitate. We promise you the best report creation and automation experiences.
Published on Oct 10 2022
WRITTEN BYMile Zivkovic
Mile is the head of content at Whatagraph in charge of all content and communications for Whatagraph’s marketing data platform. A marketing heavy with almost a decade of SaaS industry experience, Mile has managed multiple content marketing teams without losing an ounce of his writing passion. The author behind some of the most-read pieces on our blog.
Get marketing insights direct to your inbox